Happy Independence Day USA!
The Fourth of July symbolizes many things for many different people, but for us, it's all about spending quality time with friends and family and celebrating summertime. We're ringing it in with these beautiful, patriotic parfaits from our friends at Further Food.
Further Food's Liz Lederman says, "These fun patriotic parfaits are perfect for that Fourth of July BBQ or just to have when you need a delicious and satisfying snack to cool you down! Coconut cream has no cholesterol and has been shown to help increase the "good" cholesterol in our body, HDL. In addition, these parfaits are perfect for summer because coconut is a great source of potassium, one of the most important electrolytes in our bodies. Electrolytes keep us hydrated and feeling our best in the summer heat!"
Berry Coconut Patriotic Parfaits
- 1 can, Full Fat Coconut Milk (refrigerated overnight)
- Maple Syrup or Honey to taste - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract – optional - 2 Cups Blueberries - 2 Cups Raspberries or Strawberries - Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for decorating
1. Open bottom of can of coconut milk after it has refrigerated over night – pour off liquid into a container and seal for later use or discard.
2. Scoop the coconut cream from the can and place in a bowl for hand-mixer or your Vitamix.
3. Add vanilla extract and sweetener (maple syrup or honey) of choice and mix.
4. Layer your ingredients – Start with blueberries, then top with coconut cream, next add raspberries and lastly a little more coconut cream.
5. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes prior to serving.
Enjoy and have a Safe and Happy Fourth!